My practitioner-oriented research consists of a number of on-going projects in several subject matter areas.
Economic Inequality: teaching materials for business programs
I’m gradually developing materials for teaching about economic inequality to business students.
Writing on the Pandemic
Essays to date:
- Don’t Say, “When it’s over…” (on Medium)
- “Frequent cheap tests will allow us to reopen” (on rapid antigen testing)
- Short version in the Eugene-Springfield Register-Guard (700 words, September 26, 2020)
- Long version at this site (1100 words, draft from September 13, 2020)
- “Two scenarios,” May 29, 2020
- Research in 2019-2020 created protocol-style guidance for the carbon footprint of ride-hailing. My co-authors for the work are Aaron Toneys and Anne Brown.
- Download the final report, The Carbon Footprint of Ride-Hailing: GHG Inventory Methodology (PDF).
- See the recording of a July 2020 webinar sponsored by UC Berkeley’s Center for Law, Energy and the Environment, Ride-Hailing and the Future of Sustainable Transportation.
- Also see my writing on carbon reduction goals for transit and the potential meanings of Uber’s valuation.
Policy options for low-carbon gas
See this page on Policy Options for Low-Carbon Gas.